Procurement is a holistic approach to the supply chain needs of any company and requires unique problem solving skills. Purchasing is a key part of procurement, but the cost of business will always be subject to variables such as regulatory requirements from market to market, political environments, currency exchange rates, international freight costs, and commodity fluctuations. With the McLane Global Procurement department as your partner, you’ll gain access to our experience, resources and buying power to grow your business.
A Holistic Approach to Sourcing Around the World
At McLane Global, our team is experienced in navigating the global marketplace. We understand that procurement is more than just ‘buying.’
Our Distribution Partnerships are designed for domestic manufacturers looking to get their products into retail, extreme value chains and dollar stores, or to drive private label sales.
We work with manufacturers across the country to procure unique ingredients from sources around the globe as efficiently and cost effectively as possible.
Our Procurement team partners with both domestic and international packing companies and food manufacturers looking to import their products for distribution in the US and abroad. We have the resources to provide the full suite of import services from customs clearance and regulatory compliance, to transportation services, warehousing and inventory management.
- Source products and ingredients either domestically or internationally – finding the right product at the right price and the right time
- Sourcing Food and Non-Food Products for a wide variety categories: Commodities, Foodservice Products,K-12 Educational Food Products, Perishables, Frozen Foods, Paper Products, Household, Specialty Products, and beyond
- Custom sourcing needs
- Full container direct ship imports
- Consolidated container shipments
- Financial Resources and Buying Power to source the most affordable products
- Supplier Relationship and Risk Management
- Food Safety and Regulatory Requirements, Documentation
- Customs Clearance
- Freight Handling from international factory to domestic warehouse
- Warehousing and Storage
- Inventory Management