Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
McLane Global is looking for a Distribution Center Warehouse Clerk to assist with shipments coming in and out of warehouses. They move incoming material to the proper locations within the facility and retrieve necessary items for outgoing shipments. Their efforts are essential to proper storage within the warehouse and accurate order fulfillment to customers. Retail and manufacturing supply chains depend on Warehouse Clerks to keep merchandise flowing through the system.
Depending on the size and set-up of the facility, Warehouse Clerks may work independently, as part of a small group or as assistants to a large team. Warehouse Clerks spend much of their time on their feet and need to be able to bend and lift.
Role Responsibilities –
Warehouse Clerks move items off vehicles and into the correct area within the facility. They open containers and crates to inspect for damage and see to it that what was delivered matches what was requested.
By checking in items and entering data into the computer system, Warehouse Clerks help keep track of inventory. They also assume responsibility for proper storage. Such actions may include hanging clothes, placing items on shelves, sorting things into bins or separating similar products by size or color.
Warehouse Clerks read paperwork detailing what needs to be retrieved from the warehouse to complete outgoing orders. They then find the necessary items and move them to holding bins, the shipping department, or another designated area.
Safety and Upkeep
Warehouse Clerks mop, sweep, put equipment back in its assigned place and perform basic maintenance to keep the facility clean and safe. They are expected to be on the lookout for potential hazards, such as faulty equipment, and report concerns to the proper managers. They abide by company policies regarding the wearing of safety gear. When warehouse supplies such as boxes or pens are low, they restock and/or reorder items so that business can go on interrupted.
- Must be able to read, write, and verbally communicate in English
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Dependable, self-motivated professional
- Excellent work ethic and a POSITIVE attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Be proficient with Office D365, RF Scanners, and Microsoft
- Service oriented: Responds with a sense of urgency to meet the needs of customers, employees, and suppliers.
- Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely (both written and verbally).
- Integrity: Establishes trust and deals with issues directly.
- Results oriented: Effective in the planning, prioritization, and timely execution of work.
- Self-management and development: Takes personal responsibility for own growth and development.
- Teamwork: Modifies personal style, focusing on the needs of others, and listening effectively to achieve a common goal
- Change: Embraces and creates change
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Medium Work (lifting not more than 50 lbs. at a time, with frequent lifting / carrying of 25 lbs.)
- Kneeling or crawling
- Repetitive hand or body motions
- Stepping up and down, ascending/descending stairs on pallet jack
- Stooping, crouching, or bending
- Reaching with arms and hands above head or to full extension
- Grasping – applying pressure to an object with fingers, thumb, and palm
- Large Warehouse Environment
- Competitive base compensation with an extremely rewarding incentive compensation plan
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- A high energy, face paced, team environment that has fun winning every day, week, month, and year!
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered.
Employees MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.