Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
Are you looking for a growing company to join that prides itself on being family-oriented, providing excellence in quality and service while caring for the needs of our customers, employees, and their families? McLane Global is looking for a Forklift Operator to transport pallets from the warehouse dock onto the trailer/container as directed by the paperwork assigned while confirming moves with an RF scanner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding environment
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English (to read pick lists, scanners, signage, company website information related to benefits, updates, complete paperwork and follow verbal instructions)
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Must adhere to all safety regulations and procedures
- Ability to detect warning signals such as bells, alarms, and horns that are used to warn employees of the startup, movement, or approach of equipment (including forklifts, trucks, and other equipment operated inside or outside the warehouse), mechanical abnormalities, and similar risk situations during warehouse operations
- Performs functions of Loader, Unloader, Full Pallet Pick, Putaways etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Dependable, self-motivated professional
- Excellent work ethic and a POSITIVE attitude
- Ability to work with specialized mechanical and basic hand tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Include Physical Demands)
- Must be able to transport up to 50lbs – Medium
- Must be able to transport up to 100lbs – Heavy
- Must be able to position self to kneel and crawl
- Repetitive use of hands or body movement
- Stepping up and down, ascending/descending stairs on forklift.
- Essential physical requirements, such as climbing, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, or typing.
- Must be able to position arms and hands above head or to full extension
- Grasping to apply pressure to an object with fingers, thumb, and palm
- Exposures encountered, such as hazardous materials, loud noise, or extreme heat/cold.
- Ability to walk (move) consistently for up to 8 hours.
- Competitive base compensation with an extremely rewarding incentive compensation plan
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- A high energy, face paced, team environment that has fun winning every day, week, month, and year!
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered.
- Day Shift – 7:00am – 3:00pm (Extended hours may be required)
Employee MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.