Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia, and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
As one of the world’s largest food-grade logistics companies, McLane Global relies on the efficiency of its fulfillment centers. We consider all our warehouses to be systematic and operate with a customer-centric mentality. To deliver on our promise to customers, we rely on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture. As the Quality Assurance Lead for McLane Global, you will play a pivotal role in day-to-day quality functions and tasks for our Houston TX distribution center.
- Communicate and track any quality risks, gaps, or issues
- Completing daily verifications, monitoring procedures, inspections, KPI, and investigation reports of quality assurance through data.
- Working with Microsoft Office and other applications
- In going and outgoing shipment inspections for accuracy and damages
- Act as primary contact for daily issues in logistics (for example: pest control)
- Ensure paperwork is filled out in a clear legible and accurate format and completed with required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s
- Follow and Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices
- Responsible for food safety, prerequisite programs, and food quality related to designated areas.
- Report any food safety or quality-related issues to management immediately
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-year experience in any detail-related field, quality experience is a plus.
- Certified BRC, SQF, FSPCA
- Knowledge of FDA regulations
- Strong understanding of quality assurance and industry best practices.
- Team player able to cooperate and collaborate with various departments.
- Exceptional communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in utilizing advanced Excel functions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently.
- Results-driven with a passion for quality assurance
- Adaptability and a willingness to embrace change.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical effort)
- Keyboarding – Entering text or data into a computer by means of a keyboard. Devices include a traditional keyboard, 10 keypads, a touch screen, and others.
- Sitting/Standing – The ability to alternate between sitting and standing at a desk is present when a worker has the flexibility to choose between sitting or standing as needed when this need cannot be accommodated by scheduled breaks and/or lunch periods.
- Communication Verbally – Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- + Additional physical efforts pertaining to the job
- Competitive base compensation with an extremely rewarding incentive compensation plan
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision effective on the first day of employment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick days
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone calls or walk-in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered .
- PAY RANGE: $24-$27/Hr
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodation will be provided to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.