Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia, and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
As one of the world’s largest food-grade logistics companies, McLane Global relies on the efficiency of its fulfillment centers. We consider all our warehouses to be systematic and operate with a customer-centric mentality. To deliver on our promise to customers, we rely on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture. Currently, we’re seeking a Financial Planning Analyst to join our team located in Houston, TX. We are looking for a Financial Planning Analyst who has strong skills in data analysis and financial modeling for the 3PL (Third-Party Logistics) industry. The Financial Planning Analyst will play a crucial role in analyzing market trends, evaluating costs, and making informed pricing recommendations to ensure our organization remains competitive in the market.
The Financial Planning Analyst – 3PL requires a strong analytical mindset, knowledge of logistics operations, and an understanding of market dynamics to develop optimal pricing strategies that balance profitability with customer satisfaction. The key responsibilities of a 3PL financial analyst may include pricing analysis, cost modeling, pricing strategy development, competitive analysis, contract pricing, profitability analysis, pricing optimization, pricing proposals and presentations, pricing tools, and systems, collaboration, and communications.
- Conduct comprehensive market research and analysis to identify key trends, competitive pricing strategies, and market dynamics affecting the 3PL industry.
- Analyze historical data and develop updated pricing models based on cost, market conditions, and profitability objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Sales, and Operations, to gather relevant data and insights for pricing analysis.
- Monitor and evaluate pricing performance, identify areas for improvement, and make recommendations for pricing adjustments to maintain competitiveness.
- Develop and maintain individual customer profit and loss statements (P&Ls) to assess profitability and identify opportunities for margin improvement.
- Prepare high-level presentations and reports for the CEO and VP of Sales, effectively communicating pricing strategies, market trends, and competitive analysis.
- Collaborate with sales teams to support pricing negotiations with customers, providing insights on cost structures and market dynamics.
- Stay updated with industry trends, market conditions, and regulatory changes that may impact pricing strategies.
- Continuously improve pricing models, tools, and processes to enhance accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness in pricing decision-making.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and support as required by the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Economics, Business Administration, or a related field. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as a Pricing Analyst or similar role in the supply chain 3PL service solutions industry.
- Strong financial modeling skills, with a deep understanding of cost analysis, profitability, and pricing strategies.
- Proficiency in utilizing advanced Excel functions and financial analysis tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of market research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to effectively convey complex pricing concepts to senior management.
- Ability to work independently and within cross-functional teams, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with supply chain management concepts and logistics operations is preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems and pricing software is a plus.
- Results-driven with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Adaptability and a willingness to embrace change.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Include Physical Demands)
- Keyboarding – (Up to 8 hours per day) Entering text or data into a computer by means of a keyboard. Devices include a traditional keyboard, 10 keypads, a touch screen, and others.
- Sitting/Standing – (Up to 8 hours per day) The ability to alternate between sitting and standing at a desk is present when a worker has the flexibility to choose between sitting or standing as needed when this need cannot be accommodated by scheduled breaks and/or lunch period.
- Communication Verbally – (Up to 8 hours per day) Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Competitive base compensation with an extremely rewarding incentive compensation plan
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision effective on the first day of employment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- A high-energy, face-paced, team environment that has fun winning every day, week, month, and year!
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone calls or walk-in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered
Employees MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodation will be provided to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.