Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
Job Description Summary
McLane Global is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our team. The Graphic Designer will report directly to the Director of Marketing. The Graphic Designer is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Looking for an in-house packaging graphic designer to create engaging and on-brand material for our clients. This position will have a heavy focus on working with Food Packaging; so, having a base knowledge would be helpful. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of design and production software tools.
What you will do:
– Communicate up-to-date knowledge and interpretation of current and pending labeling regulations.
– Work with internal team and manufacturers to develop mandatory label copy which includes product name, weight statement, ingredient statement, allergen declaration, kosher, nutrition facts panel and claims which meet government requirements and standard of identities. This includes staying updated on all FDA/Nutrition Fact Guidelines and ensuring compliance with all label related nutrition claims.
– Review all product related artwork and ensure it meets food regulatory and internal requirements
– Design of primary, secondary packaging – inner and outer bags, cartons, labels, etc. when needed
– Updating current artwork, labels, packaging, etc.
– Designs of various POS including menus, portfolios, flyers, sales sheets, shelf talkers, etc.
Role Responsibilities Include:
– Development of labels and concepts for various projects; including creating die-lines and mock-ups
– Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral and prep for production
– Collaborating with marketing team members and designers to ensure packaging meets branding goals
– Experience in project management and juggling tasks at a fast pace.
– Analyzing market trends, customer needs and product details to conceptualize effective package designs
– Meeting with suppliers and consumer groups to come up with ideas
– Working knowledge of food/nutrition guidelines, safety groups to create packaging labels, bags, boxes, etc.
– Assessing industry standards and requirements to create designs within requirement
– Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
– Assist with compiling company assets as well as brand guidelines
– Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
– Perform retouching and manipulation of images
– Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software. (Using software and design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, 3D software programs and photography to bring packaging concepts to life).
– Ability to project manage several projects
– Report to Director of Marketing
Qualifications for Graphic Designer
– Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field
– 5-7 years of experience in graphic design
– Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, color, print and web platforms and experience in production
– Knowledge of 2021 Adobe Suite: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and other graphic design software such as Microsoft Office Suite
– Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
– Strong analytical skills
– Excellent eye for detail
– Time Management and ability to meet deadlines
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with a strong attention to detail
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
– Able to read, write and speak both English & Spanish fluently (preferred/not required)
– Able to work outside of normal business hours as needed
– 100% Attendance is required
– All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
– No company visa sponsorships
– No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered
- Food & Beverages