Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
McLane Global is looking for a talented Office Clerk to join our team. The clerk will report directly to the DC Manager and occasionally, the owner of the company. The clerk is responsible for organizing and running the shipping/receiving office. Tasks include written and verbal communication; appointments, check in/out drivers, conduct research, prepare correspondence, executes special projects; screen phone calls, email, assists visitors; route and resolve information requests.
- Maintain confidentiality
- General Office Administration – Welcoming visitors and identifying the purpose of their visit before directing them to the appropriate department; screen all incoming phone calls, inquiries, visitors, and correspondence, and route accordingly
- Strong written and verbal communication – such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications
- Flawlessly execute tasks with a sense of urgency
- Meeting preparation/scheduling – Schedule appointments, and maintain and update daily calendar; sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum experience of 2-5 years of office clerk experience
- Time Management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Able to read, write and speak both English & Spanish fluently
- Able to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- 100% Attendance is required.
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered