Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
Are you looking for a growing company to join that prides itself on being a family-oriented, providing excellence in quality and service while caring for the needs of our customers, employees, and their families? McLane Global is looking for a forklift mechanic to join our team. The Forklift Mechanic is to perform regular service, maintenance, and repair work on a lift truck. This involves working with hydraulic systems, maintaining electrical systems, and checking for structural problems. Forklift mechanics typically develop and follow a scheduled maintenance plan for all machines, troubleshoot issues as they occur, maintain an inventory of spare parts, and generally work to ensure mechanical problems affect warehouse operations as rarely as possible.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on forklifts – Perform engine tune-ups, tires, and oil change
- Document preventative maintenance, hours, and other relevant data
- Inspect and ensure all forklifts are in safe operating condition
- Diagnose and repair electric, hydraulic, and mechanical issues on equipment – replace major system components, including circuit boards and other electrical parts, hydraulic, mechanical, L.P. systems, power steering and transmissions, engines with limited supervision.
- Source and present cost information on parts
- Follows all safety procedures in performing work as well as company policies
- Two years’ experience in auto, industrial mechanical field, or equivalent work experience
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems of a forklift
- Exceptional customer service skill
- Dependable, self-motivated professional
- Excellent work ethic and a POSITIVE attitude
- Ability to work with specialized mechanical and basic hand tools
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
WORKING CONDITIONS (Including Physical Demands)
- Exposure to temperature changes, noise, fumes, and mechanical, chemical, or electrical hazards.
- The work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb, bend, stoop, and squat frequently.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Must have good body mechanics and manual dexterity.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds or more.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive base compensation
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- A high energy, face paced, team environment that has fun winning every day, week, month, and year!
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered
Employee MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.