Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
McLane Global is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to help support the supply chain and transportation operations of our company. The position will report to the International Logistics Manager with responsibility to support both import and export operations. The role includes effective communication with internal customers regarding their logistics needs, arranging efficient drayage/ocean freight, ensuring timely filing of documentation (ISF for imports, AES for exports), and must also work on freight billing and approvals. The ideal candidate must be well-versed in transportation and supply chain management principles, must be tenacious, high attention to detail and a knack for constant follow up to get the job done.
- Coordinate drayage with negotiated carriers per requirements of both import and export teams.
- Ensure timely filing of import paperwork with customs broker (ISF, Commercial Documents).
- Utilize D365 to optimize procedures.
- Work with warehouse schedule/CS teams (Houston, Riverside) to coordinate container drops and drayage.
- Track inbound containers arriving to Port of Houston and Los Angeles and update arrival dates in the ERP system.
- Resolve any BOL/MBOL/HBL holds with Steamship Line, Freight Forwarder and Customs Broker.
- Review and approve Destination Terminal Handling Fees, Demurrage, Ocean Freight costs and settle payments through McLane Logistics AP team or by paying directly to service provider.
- Assist with export documentation and AES filing.
- Maintaining assigned accounts and providing ongoing customer support to internal customers.
- Assist in maintaining import shipment log and export booking schedule.
- Review and coordinate freight bill approvals and payments.
- Keep logs and records of monthly shipments, drayage and 3PL warehouse rates.
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management.
- All other duties as assigned.