Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia, and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
As one of the world’s largest food-grade logistics companies, McLane Global relies on the efficiency of its fulfillment centers. We consider all our warehouses to be systematic and operate with a customer-centric mentality. To deliver on our promise to customers, we rely on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture. McLane Global is looking for an Inventory Associate to work in a global environment with the ability to assist management of assigned duties and will report directly to the inventory manager. The employee will ascend/descend machinery equipment (Cherry Picker). Also, occasionally move and operate a handheld device to conduct spot cycle counts and systematically direct counts. Audits inbound and outbound orders as well as use D365 to analyze transactions for accuracy. Assist in locating items needed for outbound orders as well as all other duties assigned by the manager.
- Performs a minimum of 140 daily cycle counts and verification of material movement.
- Enters data for quantities of parts issued, transferred, relocated, inventory cycle counts, and adjustments in databases or spreadsheets.
- Conducts system and document audits of various material movement processes.
- Provides physical inventory movement, as necessary.
- Tracks and analyzes various related inventory issues or problems.
- Reconciles inventory, movement, or misplacement
- Conducts and provides inventory trend analysis identifying changes for process improvement.
- Estimates reserves for slow or obsolete inventory.
- Assists during inventory-related external audits.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and prioritize work.
- Conduct accurate cycle counts of inventory locations per handheld device in the warehouse and make system updates as required.
- Research and resolve inventory variances.
- Validate the dating of products in the warehouse and update as required.
- Audit and correct inbound receiving paperwork.
- Respond to buyer requests for item checks in the warehouse.
- Coordinate the handling of obsolete and at-risk inventory (vendor returns, donations, recalls, Expired products) to include identifying, communicating, adjusting, and validating products.
- Warehouse Experience (1 year)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in D365, Excel, and Word
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Cherry Picker (6 months)
- Forklift Operator (Preferred)
- Inventory (Minimum 1 year)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Professional demeanor and a sense of urgency in resolving customer concerns.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills to include printer, Word, Excel, Outlook, internet, and learning to work with software applications as added.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Include Physical Demands)
- Must be able to transport up to 40lb.
- Must be able to Stoop, kneel, Crouch and Crawl
- Must be able to Climb (Stairs/Ladders)
- Must be able to perform duties in ambient warehouse. (Hazardous materials, loud noise, or extreme heat/cold)
- Ability to walk (move) consistently for up to 8 hours.
- Competitive base compensation with an extremely rewarding incentive compensation plan
- Full Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- A high-energy, fast-paced, team environment that has fun winning every day, week, month, and year!
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone calls or walk-in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered.
Employees MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodation will be provided to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.