International Merchandising Internship
McLane Global is looking for a qualified international merchandising intern to assist in various projects with our dynamic international sales team, that engages in merchandising a range of branded CPG grocery and healthy products to retailers across the globe including Asia-Pacific, Middle-East, Latin America and more. The role will include both project-based assignments as well hands-on experience with day-to-day functions in the office and warehouse facilities.
The ideal intern will be a great fit for our energetic and creative team. You’ll gain hands-on experience working on challenging, meaningful projects with guidance from a mentor and other members of our team.
International Merchandising Intern Duties and Responsibilities
Project based assignments for example…
- Develop a business case to launch a new Lady Liberty Brand sku
- Work with the Brand Sourcing Innovation Manager on new product development projects from idea to commercialization
- Develop a social media campaign for a specific product launch
- Measuring consumer satisfaction with specific product lines
Additional day-to-day assignments
- Work with Sales Managers on customer quotes, load plans, shipment OOR reports
- Assist in weekly reports, shipment planning with different DCs
- Learn SO and PO creation in MS Dynamics; follow up with vendors
- Pack and ship samples to potential customers
- Maintain a database of regulatory documents, multi-lingual stickers, sales sheets, quotes on SharePoint
- Work on e-blasts and other marketing material for the sales team
- Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing, or Business major
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
- Experience with PowerPoint, and intermediate Excel required
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in each stage of the international sales funnel
- Collaborate with experienced international CPG products sales and merchandising professionals
- Work closely with a mentor with extensive experience in the field
- Attend meetings, lunch/team events, and other networking opportunities