The McLane family name has been synonymous with food logistics and supply chain solutions for over 120 years.
McLane Global’s vast international network, domestic buying power and full-service third-party logistics have permitted us to become one of the premier exporters of American Brands and stand true to our motto.
WHAT WE SAY IS WHAT WE DO.
From our expertise in food grade logistics and transportation, to importing / exporting quality products, and hunger solutions for food banks at McLane Global, we’re all about food.
With experience and expertise across a wide variety of channels, McLane Global is strategically positioned to offer a broad array of services in 3PL, Health Solutions, International Sales, Manufacturing, Procurement, Private Label, and U.S. Sales. With over 1 million square feet of warehousing and our nation-wide network of distribution centers, we provide clean and affordable solutions to store and re-distribute food products for export, import, or servicing customers across the country. We offer the opportunity to provide efficient and cost-effective solutions to get your goods to market.
Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
McLane Global is looking for a Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, operation and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the Distribution Center’s goals and objectives.
· Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain the facility’s equipment.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during DC operations and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during service.
· Carry out scheduled preventative and corrective maintenance tasks as required.
· Records and documents working history on all equipment for facilities via a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
· Provide mechanical support to all departments within the Distribution Center.
· Perform basic plumbing tasks which includes the repair, replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, and toilets.
· Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting and repair to include Material Handling Equipment such as forklift and pallet jacks to include conveyor belts.
· Paint or repair windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and adjust.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Must have a basic set of tools.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
· Perform minor carpentry and masonry work.
· Perform general cleaning of property internally and externally.
· Maintain established schedule of preventive maintenance.
· Overseeing 3rd party tradesmen during installations, repairs, or maintenance (electricians, plumbers,)
· Overseeing regular maintenance vendors activities.
· Develops a weekly schedule and assists operations in determining job priorities.
· Adhere to all relevant Federal and Local Safety and Productivity Guidelines such as OSHA, ADA, and other required regulations.
· Janitorial and housekeeping duties
· Complete knowledge of all OSHA and safety procedures with record keeping
· Follow all safety policies in McLane’s Global safety program and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
· All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma: post-secondary technical education or apprenticeship preferred; 2 to 3 years previous maintenance experience. Valid driver’s license required for positions requiring the use of a Corporate vehicle, such as forklift, manlift, etc.
Proficient in basic technology applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel). Google Apps knowledge is beneficial (i.e. Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and technical and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to use and read tape measures.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems solving.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet and/or humid conditions, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
No company visa sponsorships
No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered.