Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
As one of the world’s largest food-grade logistics companies, McLane Global relies on the efficiency of its fulfillment centers. We consider all our warehouses to be systematic and operate with a customer-centric mentality. To deliver on our promise to customers, we rely on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture. Currently, we’re seeking a Director of Continuous Improvement to join our team located in Houston, TX. The Director of Continuous Improvement is responsible for developing and implementing strategies and programs to identify, analyze, and improve organizational processes, systems, and workflows. The Director of Continuous Improvement is also responsible for the management of the Company’s information technology (IT) and business intelligence (BI) strategies.
The Director of Continuous Improvement plays a critical role in helping the organization achieve its strategic objectives by fostering a culture of continuous improvement and driving measurable results in terms of operational efficiency and effectiveness. This role plays a critical part in enhancing overall operational efficiency, reducing waste, and ensuring continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Strategy Development: Develop and communicate a clear continuous improvement, IT systems and BI reporting strategies aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Process Analysis: Assess current IT systems, BI reports, business processes, and workflows to identify areas for improvement.
- Lean/Six Sigma: Implement Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to drive process improvements and reduce inefficiencies.
- Data Analysis: Use data-driven insights to identify performance gaps, root causes of issues, and opportunities for improvement.
- Team Leadership: Build and lead a team of IT, BI and continuous improvement professionals to execute improvement projects and initiatives.
- Change Management: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful implementation of process improvements, including training and change management activities.
- Performance Metrics: Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Budget Management: Develop and manage budgets for continuous improvement projects and initiatives.
- Best Practices: Stay up to date with industry best practices and emerging trends in continuous improvement.
- Reporting: Prepare and present regular reports to senior management on the progress of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with various departments and stakeholders to drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Master’s degree preferred; however, bachelor’s degree is required in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Engineering, Operations)
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma or similar methodologies is highly desirable.
- Several years of experience in process improvement and operational excellence roles, with progressively increasing responsibilities.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Leadership and team-building abilities.
- Knowledge of relevant software and tools for data analysis and process mapping.
- Quick learner who is eager to learn and will invest the time to grow and develop in their role.
- Highly organized, especially with email management.
- Active learner, with good initiative, strong sense of business urgency, detail oriented, able to multitask and change priorities as needed with excellent follow up.
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft suite of products with a focus on Outlook & Excel. Microsoft Dynamics experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management throughout the organization.
- Results-driven with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Adaptability and a willingness to embrace change.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Keyboarding – (Up to 8 hours per day) Entering text or data into a computer by means of a keyboard. Devices include traditional keyboard, 10 keypads, touch screen and other.
- Sitting/Standing – (Up to 8 hours per day) The ability to alternate between sitting and standing at a desk is present when a worker has the flexibility to choose between sitting or standing as needed when this need cannot be accommodated by scheduled breaks and/or lunch period.
- Communication Verbally – (Up to 8 hours per day) Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Competitive base compensation with an extremely rewarding incentive compensation plan
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision effective on the first day of employment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- A high energy, face paced, team environment that has fun winning every day, week, month, and year!
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered
- 120k-160k annual salary
Employees MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodation will be provided to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.