Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
Are you looking for a growing company to join that prides itself on being family-oriented, providing excellence in quality and service while caring for the needs of our customers, employees, and their families? McLane Global is looking for an experienced Collections Specialist with a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail. This role reports directly to the Contracts and Revenue Manager and supports the collections of the organization.
- Locate delinquent customer accounts through various means, e.g. skip-tracing, phone contact, written correspondence, and make arrangements for payment
- Ensure the processing of payments
- Record all customer payments to the correct reports
- Take care of inbound and outbound collections calls and correspondence
- Update customer files to ensure data consistency
- Ability to analyze and make decisions on customer accounts
- Act as liaison in maintaining quality service to the customer and a positive company image by resolving customer account inquiries
- Experience using accounting software
- Collaborate with other departments to create the best customer experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be highly proficient in Excel
- 3+ years of prior high volume collections experience
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn, retain, and train information
- Strong familiarity with credit collections
WORKING CONDITIONS (Include Physical Demands)
- Keyboarding – (Up to 8 hours per day) Entering text or data into a computer by means of a keyboard. Devices include traditional keyboard, 10 keypad, touch screen and other
- Sitting/Standing – (Up to 8 hours per day) The ability to alternate between sitting and standing at a desk is present when a worker has the flexibility to choose between sitting or standing as needed when this need cannot be accommodated by scheduled breaks and/or lunch period
- Communication Verbally – (Up to 8 hours per day) Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- A high energy, face paced, team environment that has fun winning every day, week, month, and year!
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered
Employee MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.