Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia, and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
As one of the world’s largest food-grade logistics companies, McLane Global relies on the efficiency of its fulfillment centers. We consider all our warehouses to be systematic and operate with a customer-centric mentality. To deliver on our promise to customers, we rely on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture. As the CEO of McLane Global, you will play a pivotal role in leading and overseeing the strategic and operational aspects of the company.
- Leadership and Vision:
- Develop and communicate the company’s vision, mission, and strategic direction to the executive team, employees, and stakeholders.
- Inspire and lead a high-performing executive team to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Strategy and Planning:
- Define and execute the long-term and short-term strategic plans for the company.
- Identify growth opportunities and expansion into new markets, both domestically and internationally.
- Monitor industry trends and anticipate changes to proactively adapt the business model.
- Financial Management:
- Manage the company’s financial performance, ensuring profitability and sustainable growth.
- Oversee budgeting, financial reporting, and risk management.
- Implement cost-effective strategies and allocate resources optimally.
- Operational Excellence:
- Ensure the company’s operational efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive continuous process improvement and lean practices to streamline logistics operations.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and enhance operational performance.
- Stakeholder Relations:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, partners, investors, and the board of directors.
- Represent the company to external stakeholders and regulatory authorities.
- Foster a positive corporate culture and brand image.
- Talent Management:
- Attract, retain, and develop top-tier talent throughout the organization.
- Promote a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accountability.
- Mentor and guide the leadership team in their professional growth.
- Risk Management and Compliance:
- Ensure the company complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Mitigate risks and manage crises effectively.
- Safeguard the company’s reputation and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, or a related field; a master’s degree is often preferred.
- Proven experience as a CEO or in a senior executive leadership role, preferably in the logistics or supply chain industry.
- Strong understanding of logistics operations, supply chain management, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing growth strategies and achieving financial objectives.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make high-stakes decisions and lead through ambiguity and change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong financial modeling skills, with a deep understanding of cost analysis and profitability
- Proficiency in utilizing advanced Excel functions and financial analysis tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Results-driven with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Adaptability and a willingness to embrace change.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical effort)
- Keyboarding – (Up to 8 hours per day) Entering text or data into a computer by means of a keyboard. Devices include a traditional keyboard, 10 keypads, a touch screen, and others.
- Sitting/Standing – (Up to 8 hours per day) The ability to alternate between sitting and standing at a desk is present when a worker has the flexibility to choose between sitting or standing as needed when this need cannot be accommodated by scheduled breaks and/or lunch period.
- Communication Verbally – (Up to 8 hours per day) Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Competitive base compensation with an extremely rewarding incentive compensation plan
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision effective on the first day of employment
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick days
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone calls or walk-in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodation will be provided to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.