Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as, top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia, and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
As one of the world’s largest food-grade logistics companies, McLane Global relies on the efficiency of its fulfillment centers. We consider all our warehouses to be systematic and operate with a customer-centric mentality. To deliver on our promise to customers, we rely on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. McLane Global is looking for an individual with solid global procurement experience to join our fast-paced team of professionals involved in sourcing products, nurturing supplier relationships, and supporting our Sales teams in pursuit of customer excellence.
- Full scope of food import procurement skills such as calculating projected landed costs, negotiating, incoterms, knowledge of international shipping, food safety, quality issue resolution, etc.
- Sourcing, buying, and replenishment of both domestic and imported food products
- Strong internal and external relationship-building skills
- Manage vendor documentation including food safety documents, certificates, import documents, item specifications, ingredient, and nutrition facts, etc.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of working with Global Food Safety and international shipping terms and methods
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Very detailed oriented and thorough
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High degree of customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible with a proactive and professional attitude
- Foreign language skills are a plus but not required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum experience of five (5) years in a procurement role with a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact across functional teams
- Able to think analytically to solve issues as they arise
- Able to organize and plan over both the near and long term
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone calls or walk-in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered
Employees MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodation will be provided to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.