Headquartered in Houston, Texas, McLane Global has a growing network of offices and food-grade logistics facilities in California and Utah, as well as top international markets including the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia and beyond. McLane Global leads the industry with top brands, products, and services through four key divisions: International Sales, U.S. Sales and Manufacturing, Logistics and Transportation, and McLane Hunger Solutions.
Are you looking for a growing company to join that prides itself on being family-oriented, providing excellence in quality and service while caring for the needs of our customers, employees, and their families? McLane Global is looking for a Staff Level Accountant to support the CFO on all financial affairs including reviewing interim financial statements and reconciling and preparing supporting schedules. This position is also responsible for general and inventory accounting, maintaining the organizations overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. This position focuses on month end close, account reconciliations, posting journal entries, and drive process improvements. This Candidate will work with a team that operates in a fast-paced environment and have the opportunity to be a part of the company’s growth, while further developing your accounting skills.
- Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance
- Enter accounting journal entries
- Perform account reconciliations
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for external auditors
- All other duties as assigned
- Self-motivated, analytical with an attention to details
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Eager to learn with the ability to retain information
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- At least two years’ experience in accounting or a related field
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
WORKING CONDITIONS (Include Physical Demands)
- Keyboarding – (Up to 8 hours per day) Entering text or data into a computer by means of a keyboard. Devices include traditional keyboard, 10 keypad, touch screen and other.
- Sitting/Standing – (Up to 8 hours per day) The ability to alternate between sitting and standing at a desk is present when a worker has the flexibility to choose between sitting or standing as needed when this need cannot be accommodated by scheduled breaks and/or lunch period.
- Communication Verbally – (Up to 8 hours per day) Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Competitive base compensation with an extremely rewarding incentive compensation plan
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- A high energy, face paced, team environment that has fun winning every day, week, month, and year!
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening
- No company visa sponsorships
- No phone call or walk in inquiries for this position, apply online to be considered
Employee MUST be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Furthermore, job descriptions typically change over time as requirements and employee skill levels change. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.